Rates include travel, booking fees and expenses (including visits).
Maternity, sabbatical and longer term cover
We have members who can cover longterm; please get in touch to find out more.
We make a % cancellation charge based on the number of days notice given by the practice:
|22 - 30||10%|
|15 - 21||25%|
|7 - 14||50%|
To change the date of booked session, or from morning to afternoon, may be treated as a cancellation since the booked Pallanteer may miss out on work.
For work outside the specified, hours we may need to charge £45 per ½ hour.
Booking specific members
We are delighted to accommodate your requests for specific members.
- We invoice at the end of every month; terms are 15 days upon receipt of invoice.
- An administration fee of 5% per month is charged for payments received 30 days late.
- We do not offer telephone triage as standard, so please specifically request if you need it.
- All bookings are made subject to Pallant Medical Chambers booking guidelines found in our Practice Managers Handbook - please contact us for a link.
Our members are often ideally placed to complete part 2 cremation forms for you. Please let us know if you require this service and we will organise it for you. The fee would be paid directly to the member.
If flexibility is required, please make it clear in your original request. This can mean swapping a visit for:
- 3 patients or
- additional paperwork, including routine prescriptions, letters and associated results
Where possible, a Pallanteer will extend a short surgery for a longer one, depending on their commitments that day. If this is to allow for visits, please allocate the visits and let the Pallanteer know this before their break so that they can manage their time to allow time to return to the practice to write up notes before the session time finishes.
If you need a specific start time, please specify in the initial request and we will do our best to accommodate you.
On-call/duty doctor surgeries
- On-call times are normally 08.00-13.00 and 13.00-18.30, and it is assumed that on-call/duty surgeries start at 9am or 2pm. However, telephone cover from 8 to 9am (or 1 to 2pm) is offered for these sessions at no additional cost if requested. NB call-outs in this time are charged at £45 per ½ hour.
- For visits, or other additional work beyond 6.30pm, we charge £45 per ½ hour.
- If the member is the only doctor present at the practice, or is the “duty doctor”, this will be charged as an on-call/duty doctor surgery, unless specifically agreed at the time of booking.